Thursday, March 17, 2011

Wearin' Of The Green


Today we celebrate the Irish in us...even if we have no Irish in us.  I am 25% Irish on my mother's side.  She also gave 25% French.  My dad, who was born in Poland, was responsible for the remaining 50%.

Around here, St. Patrick's day begins in the bars very early in the morning.  Local DJ's host parties at various bars.  Folks take the day off and celebrate, although in most cases I think they are merely celebrating an excuse to drink.  Green beer?  Yuck.  I know it tastes the same, but there is something about the green that does not appeal to this chick.  At least it is a beautiful day here...rain later, but fairly mild.  No one will freeze when they pass out in the street ;-)

I have to wonder just how many of the revelers know WHY we have a day of celebration for St. Patrick.

Do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment